Please login/register to apply for this job.
16 Aug 2016
Full-TimeVulcan Express Pvt Ltd Hiring Operations Manager Logistics / Freight Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai
Vulcan Express Hiring Operations manager Logistics / Freight Delhi / NCR , Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai
|Location||:||Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai|
|JOB PURPOSE||:||Achieves the business/service goals by effectively managing resources and processes to achieve the required results, whilst consistently ensuring compliance with Vulcan standards and relevant regulatory requirements.|
Focuses on developing and applying the competencies needed to provide service excellence, including the leadership skills and develop a motivated team who deliver the required results. Supports the Senior Manager by co-ordinating and controlling more complex result areas including assigned aspects of the overall operation on a daily/ongoing basis.
|Key Accountabilities||:||1. LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT – Uses structured processes and agreed best practice methods to recruit, select and develop Professional and front-line employees performing multiple functions. Ensures they have the capability and tools to deliver results for Vulcan and the Customer.|
2. QUALITY & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Supports the Snr Mgr in achieving the overall location objectives by participating in the analysis of operations and development of plans /initiatives that impact multiple areas of location performance.
3. SERVICE EXCELLENCE – May include co-ordinating the actions of a peer management group to ensure the processes are implemented and managed in accordance with defined parameters.
4. OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE – Monitors and manages the progress of the operation to ensure that the team correctly understand the goals and any changing requirements.
5. EXTERNAL / INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS – Leads or supports required interactions with external bodies and representatives. Communicates agreed requirements to all impacted parties, securing and allocating appropriate resources to ensure the required results are achieved within the agreed parameters.
6. COST CONTROLS – Uses agreed methods and tools to manage specific elements of the budget and ensures that all costs are regularly reviewed/controlled within agreed limits.
7. SAFETY AND SECURITY- Manages and controls assigned aspects of safety and security ensuring ongoing compliance with defined Company standards and legislative requirements.
8. PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT – Uses defined performance measurement tools and processes to record and track required aspects of operational performance (service, people, costs etc).
9. TEAM ALIGNMENTS – Develops and maintains effective alignments within Vulcan, who can facilitate and influence problem resolution and goal achievement. Shares relevant information and collaborates to resolve issues and achieve required results for the business and its’ Customers.
10. BUSINESS AND CUSTOMER KNOWLEDGE – Develops a good overall understanding of the Vulcan business (systemform, operations, people and financial processes etc) and key operational processes and systems related to own area.
11. PROFITABILITY – Supports the achievement of maximum profitability for an assigned part of the operation, by identifying and formulating proposals to optimise the use of people and equipment, use of vendors etc. Implements approved solutions.
|SKILLS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS|
Click here for apply form–>> Apply Form
321 total views, 1 today