Reliance Jio 4G services launched, to be fully free till end of 2016
Reliance Jio Plan launched
Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries, launched the Jio 4G services at the Annual General Meeting of the company in Mumbai. The launch of the service has generated a lot of user interest across the country. Thousands of people have already purchased the free Jio sim in the trial period.
Highlights from Mukesh Ambani’s address on Jio 4G launch
* Jio is a data-strong network, built for the Internet from the ground up. It will cover 90 per cent of India’s population by March, 2017: Ambani
* Lyf devices to be launched with prices starting at Rs 2,999 and going up to Rs 5,999. The 4G LTE JioFi router will cost Rs 1,999.
* Jio TV will offer access to 300-plus channels. Jio Cinema will have a library of 6000 movies and 1,00,000 episodes of TV shows. Jio music will have as many as 10 million songs.
* On tariffs, Ambani announces that all voice calls will be free and there shall be no roaming charges across the country.
* There will be 10 ten tariff plans with no blackout dates.
* Students will be able to get 25 per cent more data on Jio’s main tariffs, says Ambani
* The big announcement – Starting September 5, all Jio services will be availabe for everyone free till end of the year. “Now every Indian can do ‘datagiri’” says Ambani.
* Jio’s base data tariff will cost one-tenth of existing rates being charged currently; we will charge Rs 50 per GB, Rs 149 a month for light data users: Ambani
* Jio is rolling out fibre-to-the-home wireline network.
* Another announcement – Rs 5,000 crore venture fund to help Indian entreprenuers to set up their businesses, says Ambani.
* Incumbent operators have significant advantages over new entrants since incumbents have well-established networks: Mukesh Ambani
* Ambani sets a target of 100 million customers within the ‘shortest time possible’ to create a world record.
245 total views, 1 today